- Wax has "memory," so make sure you allow the "wax pool" to reach the edges of the glass the first time you burn your candle (after that it doesn't matter). If you blow out the flame before you reach the edges, the wax will only melt that far every other time you burn it, creating a "tunnel" down the middle. That's always a bummer.
- If your candle is near a draft you can't control, rotate it with each burn. That could mean near a window or just how the air tends to circulate in the room you're in.
- Keep the wick short. It shouldn't be more than 1/8 of an inch. A long wick may smoke, and it will also create a flame that will be too large for your candle. When a flame is too large for your candle it will burn faster than necessary, which also means that it's evaporating the fragrance oil faster than it's designed to. When wax and fragrance oil evaporate they are odorless!
What ingredients are in Zarooka Candles and why does it matter?
While it may seem like a candle is a candle, there's a lot more under the surface. At Zarooka Candle Co., we believe that if we're going to do something, we should do it right.
- Soy wax blend. Soy wax is a natural, renewable fuel. Unlike petroleum-based candles, soy candles don't produce carcinogens when burnt (that nasty black soot). Soy candles burn clean.
- Fragrance Oils that are all phthalate free and include essential oils. We should note: our oil blends aren't 100% essential oil. Not only would that be extremely expensive, essential oils don't function well when burned. The FO's we use are developed for performance in soy wax and adhere to RIFM and IFRA standards for safety and purity.
- Wicks that are lead/metal free. Many cheap candles contain lead wicks, a horrible thing to burn!
- No dyes. We love the beautiful creamy white of soy wax. We also don't want to add any unnecessary pollutants into the air, so we hold the dyes.
- Our suppliers matter. One supplier is only a few miles away, cutting down on carbon foot-printing. Another one of our suppliers provides living wages for their workers. We deal with companies where quality matters.
- We do it cause we love it! Zarooka Candle Co. is a side business that we work on because we love it. It is built on creativity, joy and dreams. It also helps support our families. Thank you for supporting small businesses and handmade.
SHIPPING INFO: Your order will be sent out 1-14 days after receiving your order, based on current inventory. You will receive an email with tracking info, once your order has been sent. If you need your items immediately, please email us first to find out if we have the items in stock.